So I am back in the saddle again after a bit of time off from the challenge. Going to Noosa really broke my stride on a few things. However, I'm back at it now.
The next challenge is to photograph a secret passion. I will admit that I don't have many things that I am passionate about. Certainly my family, friends, and scrapbooking, but none of those would be considered secret. Then I was talking with a friend about making bread by hand versus going to the bakery or even using a bread machine. It dawned on me that I am a little bit passionate about making bread. It's also something that I don't really talk about so perhaps making bread is a secret passion for me.
This is partially kneeded bread dough. I love everything about making bread. The yeasty smell, the warm, hardy texture, the feel of kneeding the dough....everything. Kneeding bread is very calming and soothing to me. Doing dishes used to be calming and soothing, but then I had to do them everyday, multiple times a day. Hopefully, making bread won't lose that same loveliness.
In case you are wondering, I used a White Wheat recipe from the Joy of Cooking (their Whole Wheat Bread) and modify it by subsituting 1/4 cup of the water for juice of one large orange and the correct amount of Wallaby Bread Improver. It comes out wonderful everytime.
No comments:
Post a Comment