Friday, May 13, 2011

Me, picture 1 of 30

So, I am working on a 30 pictures in 30 days challenge.  I take way more than 30 pictures a day, but these are supposed to help me improve my photography skills and hone my scrapbooking prowess.  I have way too much other scrapbooking to do so I thought I'd do the challenge and share it on the blog.

 Picture number 1: self portrait- a picture taken by me, of me and then write about what the picture makes me feel or think. 

So first, I did just the standard, hold your arms out, smile and snap.


Now, this is not a horrible picture.  However, what it makes me feel when I look at it is...old.  I'm not old.  I don't typically feel old.  However, the crows' feet in this picture...well, they make me feel old. 
So, I thought about trying again, but all I could think was old and oldness.  So, I decided to do a self portrait of my oldness.

There it is.  My gray hair.  It hides under a few brown hairs on the right side of my head.  It is the reason I gave up on trying to grow out my bangs.  When wearing a headband, all those carefully hidden grays are showing up, big time.

Now, I am sure that you are thinking that Clariol makes a great product to cover this old hairs.  Yes, they do and I use it, from time to time.  I use the temporary dyes that wash out in a month.  'Why don't you just visit a salon and have them gone?' you wonder.  Well, because Jay thinks they're beautiful.  Trust me, if your hubby gets all swoony and calls your gray hairs beautiful, you'd keep them too. 
I hope one day that I can feel like I rock my gray hairs, but I am not sure that I am much of a rocker. 

Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of your gray hair and get it in focus, etc?  It's pretty darn tough.  While I was trying, I managed to get this picture.
And I love it.








1 comment:

  1. Like! I'm glad you're doing this challenge- I look forward to checking in on you for the next 27 days and seeing something new each time!

    ReplyDelete