Monday, September 20, 2010

The land of milk and honey

So this is the land of plenty, if you are looking for certain things.  Honey is one of those things.  The local grocery store and a large selection of honey.  And I do mean large.  The shelf area is probably 4 feet wide and runs from top to bottom, with the top being standard grocery aisle height.  Many different flavors of honey are available, mostly from different types of gum trees.  If quanity is more important than the quality of the honey, you can purchase a 3 liter jug of honey.  3 liters! That's about the same as 3/4 of a gallon.  That's a lot of honey.  Milk is very similar.  It's not like in the States with Whole, 2%, 1% and Skim.  Here milk is full cream, lite, or fat free.  But, there are so many different types of milk.  There's some standards like grass-feed milk cows and organic, but there are some different things too.  Lots of different types of soy milk.  I can't even remember all the different types of soy milk.  There are just too many to count.  There's also plenty of rice milk.  And oat milk (never heard of it) and goat milk.  Interesting.  I would say that this is the first time that I've ever seen goat milk in a standard chain-type grocery store.  (I tend to shop at Woolworths, by the way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment