Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Goodbye house, maybe...
When we moved out of our house, my mom asked if I was sad at all about it. No, I wasn't. After all, we were getting ready to start this great new adventure in Australia. I said my goodbyes to the house and haven't looked back...until now. We got an offer on our house two days ago. It is the first action on our house in a while. We counteroffered the initial offer, and they countered back. We accepted their amount, but changed a couple of things on the contract. They haven't accepted yet, but there is no real reason for them not to do it. As a result, I did get just a little sentimental about the house. After all, this is the house that we lived in when all three kids of ours were born. This is the house that we spent 8 years working to make it better. Laughs have been laughed, tears have been cried and memories have been made in this house. Will I miss the house? Yes. Will I miss the yard and the strange terra cotta head in the woods? Yes. If it goes, am I happy to see it go? Yes. Let's face it. We had long since outgrown the house and it would be hard to go back to that small house after living in the one we do now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment