Monday, August 23, 2010

Vampire Love

So popular fiction right now has to do with vampires.  Not only just vampires, but shape shifters, werewolves, fairies and elves as well.  Many books seem to have a theme of human girl falling in love with vampire guy and slight love interest in local werewolf.  I am currently reading book 10 of the Sookie Stackhouse series.  Throughout the entire series, she's gotten around a bit.  First she loved Vampire Bill, was attracted to shape shifter Sam, got back with Bill, then attracted to werewolf Alcide, loved weretiger Quinn, and currently with Vampire Eric.  Now, I just got get the attraction to vampires.  Yes, they are supposed to be good looking (but so are all supernatural beings according to these books), but they are cold!  They are dead!  They drink blood and could easily kill you.  They don't do well in lots of sunlight (various books give various reasons and various degrees of being able to be out in daylight).  In the Sookie books, vampires die if they get any sunlight.  They are strictly night beings.  I just don't get it.  Who wants to be snuggled up to a cold dead body? 
Once on team Jacob, always on team Jacob, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment