Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Can I get a time out?

Please, I will lay in my bed and stare at the ceiling.  I don't mind, really.  Just a time out from the kids, the bank transfer woes, the furniture advance snag, the lack of crafting, the lack of Mexican food, the lack of margaritas... 
Yesterday was cold and damp.  It didn't rain all day, but was wet enough it was hard to enjoy much.  We went to Kmart in search of pants for Tom.  He ripped the knees out of 5 pairs of pants in 6 days.  He only had two pair left.  He is starting to outgrow size 6, so I bought size 7.  (Come to find out, size 7 is HUGE!)  I think that this size 7 is more like a US size 10 or something.  The pants were only $7 each, so I may have to find some more in a smaller size.  After Kmart, we went to Macka's (McDonald's), ate an unhealthy lunch and played on their playground.  Later in the day, we walked down for ice cream.  Not the best day for my diet. 
Today is cool and rainy.  The rain has been going all morning long.  It seems to have let up just a little and the sun is peaking through, but everything is soaking wet.  The forecast is pretty much for rain all day long.  I am leery about going out to do anything outside because of the wet and rain.  I am also leery about going out for any indoor activities because of the crowds.  Since schools are on holiday, things are a bit crowded during the day. 
I think that it's just been too many days without any sort of me time.  I can't remember the last time I had any time to myself.  I understand that it is part of the moving process, but still, I am ready for a little relief.  While I type this, Sam is hiding in my closet and going through the drawers and the suitcases in there and singing his ABC's.  Very cute, but also no so much since I asked him to please play somewhere else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment