Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Cat Who Walked Through Walls

Okay, that is actually a medicore book by Robert Heinlein, but Pixel (the cat) seems to share a super power with my son Sam. You see, Pixel can walk through walls because he never knew that he couldn't go through the wall. He did it one day as a kitten and it worked, so he never learned that he couldn't go through walls. Anyway...
We have been having trouble keeping Sam in his room for his break time so we decided to turn the door knob around so that the lock was on the outside and we would just lock him in. I turned the door knob, tested it (it worked!) and then tucked Sammy in for his break (he doesn't nap anymore).
I then went out into the driveway to clean my car and messed with a few other things outside. About 45 minutes later, I came inside and it was really quiet. I thought maybe that Sam had fallen asleep. I opened his door (it was still locked!) and went in his room. HE WAS GONE!! I looked everywhere in his tiny room and then opened the window and told Jay that I couldn't find Sam. Jay came up and looked with me. We yelled several times to Sam but he never answered. I searched my room and the boys' room...nothing. I was starting to feel that panic feeling that a mom gets when her kid is missing. I think Jay was starting to feel it too.
We continued to call to Sam with no answer and I went down to the basement. He wasn't in the toy room but my office (which is right under his bedroom) had the door open. There was Sam sitting at my craft table covered in lotion. He looked up and said "for hands!". He ruined a few pages I had going on, but I wasn't mad. I was just happy he hadn't disappeared!

2 comments:

  1. I know he ruined your pages and gave you a scare, but that is such a cute story!

    I told mom about it on the phone today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What thuh *&(^? How in the world?!

    ReplyDelete